11 Reasons why you should sell by owner through Picket FenceReturn to article list
SAVE TIME, STAY IN CONTROL, SAVE MONEY plus IT'S EASY!
No commissions give your property an edge over all others on the market!
Picket Fence = Twice the success rate, in less than half the time compared to using an agent
488 sold in 2012...ave. 63 days on market...$14,900+ average in commissions avoided
1) Less stress and frustration: When selling for sale by owner, you don’t have to leave the house because an agent wants to show it, or clean every morning before leaving “just in case”. You know when people are coming, and can prepare accordingly. And when a buyer makes an offer, there’s not all that frustrating back-and-forth telephone tag between agents to reach an agreement. It can be done in 10 minutes, and end with a friendly handshake and smile between owner and buyer in Vermont or New Hampshire
2) You can “sell” your home for sale by owner better than anyone else: You know your home best, the schools, the neighborhood, what is special about the area and house, as well as other details about the property. A well-maintained, fairly priced home will sell itself; your role is simply to provide additional information.
3) You are in control: You can advertise for sale by owner in Vermont or New Hampshire where and how you want to (not just sit by in frustration because “they aren't doing enough"), schedule showings when it’s convenient for you, talk directly with prospective buyers yourself, even take your house off the market for awhile if you can’t find the right house for you. You aren’t obligated to a 3, 6, or 12 month contract... you make your own rules. (Did you know that if you change your mind about selling when using an agent you can still be liable for a commission? OR that if you decide instead to rent the property you owe a commission) Being in control of the sale is less stressful than ” jumping through hoops” to accommodate another’s schedule. Stay in control, maintain your privacy and sell by owner.
Ad rates and options >> Here
4) More $$$ in your pocket: Calculate 6% of what you think your property is worth, then ask yourself: Is it worth paying this much to have someone else show my property, act as a go-between to negotiate the sale and make a few phone calls? Unless your name is Gates or Trump, chances are the answer is no. Sell it for sale by owner in Vermont or New Hampshire
5) You reach a broader market of prospective buyers through Picket Fence than you do with agents: Picket Fence Preview advertises your property for sale by owner to the general public both locally and throughout the world. The publication has a large free circulation throughout Vermont & New Hampshire (30,000+ in Champlain Valley & Central VT and 30,000+ in So. Vermont & NH (60,000+ total), and this web site allows buyers anywhere in the world, easy access to your ad and contact information anytime.
This translates into a greater success rate - Of those that advertised at least 3 months for sale by owner in 2012, an astonishing 71% SOLD! According to NNEREN.COM, only 36% of all agent listings in VT sold in 2012. The average time-on-the-market for a Picket Fence property was 63 days vs. 184 days for agent-listed properties. PLUS Picket Fence for sale by owner sellers saved, on average, $14,920+ in commissions!
Twice the success rate, in less than half the time... plus saving almost $15,000 in commissions - what more do you need to know? Surely your property is similar to one of those sold just this month listed among the live ads on the county pages. Whether it be price, location, style, whatever...all types of property from all price ranges SELL it for sale by owner through Picket Fence.
Ad rates and options >> Here
6) You’re open on Sundays: Many real estate agencies aren’t open on Sundays, the preferred day for buyers to look at houses. This makes it difficult for prospective buyers to look at listed properties when it’s convenient for them. Private sellers (for sale by owner) have the advantage because they are open for business.
7) Picket Fence makes it easy to reach the “opportune”, as well as active, prospective buyer: Prospective buyers don’t necessarily make up their mind to buy a new home. Often it takes coming across a house opportunistically that captivates and intrigues them...motivating them to move. Just as with window shopping, people who follow the publication each month (and there’s alot of them) are just browsing to see what’s on the market. Yet, if there's something that catches their eye they'll investigate further. Every month we hear the familiar story: “We weren’t even looking to buy... I’ve been following your publication for years, and we just came across a house that we fell in love with” as the homeowners come in to advertise their house for sale through Picket Fence. “Opportune” buyers probably don’t visit real estate agencies or search real estate-related web sites. 60,000 magazines are printed each month and 60,000 of them are picked up...every one of these exposes your property to an active or window shopper buyer, it really doesn't matter which type of buyers buys it...just that someone does buy for sale by owner!
8) Less uncertainty: Because you meet the prospective buyers, you have a much better idea how interested people are, what they like about the home, how serious they are about buying and what their time frame and situation is. The direct feedback is easier to live with than wondering how things are going, or worse, why no one has made an offer yet.
9) Always the bride, never a bridesmaid: You can be sure that buyers are truly interested in your for sale by owner property when they visit because they have personally made the effort to be there...they haven't been brought there by an agent using your property for comparison purposes only.
10) It's EASY: Picket Fence provides you, the for sale by owner, with the legal forms (Purchase and Sales contract, property disclosure form, etc.) needed for the sale, an excellent “How to Sell Your Own Home” book and video, and the friendly, personal advice and support that has helped thousands of homeowners sell by private sale.
11) What about your pets? Your pets will go berserk if a strange realtor shows up with strange buyers. You’ll be forced to pen up your pets just in case the house is shown that day. Save yourself and your pets the stress, sell it yourself!
“We listed the house with a real estate agent for 6 months, and had no response. My parents have advertised with you in the past, so we thought we’d try Picket Fence. Our buyers said they saw our ad in the
magazine.” -- Sarah Redfield
Ad rates and options >> Here
If you have any questions about buying or selling for sale by owner in Vermont or New Hampshire, please call Picket Fence 660-3167 or 800-201-0338